- Hello Dino. Lets talk first about Prologue. We can read on Resident Advisor that "The most important characteristics of Prologue is atmospheric, deep and hypnotic.". Could you tell us a little bit more? And when we see the cover artworks
- they are beautiful - can we say that its more than about music?
- I think the main characteristics of Prologue is to tell a story at the same moment when creating music. And this I think at the moment gets lots of attention in the sense it's not music related only to DanceFloor. This style some years ago
was not considered to be valid or to be cool in most kind of clubs.
Prologue seems to me to walk forward on the path of 'elettronica romana'. In the startup of this roman label the main artists were Giorgio Gigli, Donato Dozzy, Brando Lupi and me together with Gianluca Meloni as 'Modern Heads'.
At that time we started to work on this type of style - here we developed the our style, raised this style and mixed the sound an ambient way with a real dark - and a little trance sound...
Prologue is fundamental as the second home for these roman Artists and is quite successful with it.
Today i feel very proud that lots of young Dj's and Artists value and follow this sound.
To your second question about the artwork: No, I would'nt say it's more than music - it's music.
- Lets talk now about you. How/When did you get into electronic music?
- I always loved music and worked as a guitar player. In a tape studio the 90'ies I fell in love with an Akai S1000 Sampler... Only in the 2000's it was possible to build a home studio since electronic devices made a big leap forwards and
fell in price.
From there on I passed months without sleep to make electronic music.
- What kind of artists inspires you while composing?
- When I compose I do not think about others - I try to let my mind go - and this way avoid cliches.
- What is your typical performance setup?
- On live sets I use some instruments and controllers made by myself and ableton live as DAW.
As DJ I use traktor because I love to mix with different decks having a big choice of fx.
- It's your first time in Moscow ? How do feel the venue? Did you know about Monasterio before?
Actually it's my third time in moscow.
- First time I've been in the 'ARMA17' then in the 'Shanti' and now here in the 'Monasterio',
I have never been here before but heard it's a cool club.
- What can we expect from your set?
- See you there ;)